Good day to all! Cassandra's back to share with you a DIY Christmas album! Hope this gives you some inspiration to create a handmade gift for your loved ones or use it to document your holiday!
Supplies:Jolly good Collection: Patterned Papers: Caroling (jg14os03), Christmas Eve ( Deck The Halls (jg14os06), Happy New Year ( Holiday (jg14os08), Sweater Weather (jg14os04), Sugar Cookies (jg14os02), Making Spirits Bright (jg14os07), Illustration Stickers (jg14eb01), Die Cut Tags (jg14eb04)
1. Gather your supplies! I cut the patterned papers into 12x6" and combined 3 patterned papers into one set and folded them into halves. This formed one signature as illustrated in the first photo. Create as many signatures as you deem fit. Then choose a patterned paper you like as the front cover and cut them into 6x6". Then I gathered the embellishments and set them aside. For this ribbon binding tutorial, use a needle with a wide hole so it's easier to thread the ribbon through.
2. I used my ruler to measure and punched hole with my crop-a-dile! As for the front cover, I wanted it to be firm so I used a cardboard and glued the front and back patterned paper to it. I scored the front cover slightly so that it's easy to open and it won't be too stiff.
3. Then I thread about 24" of ribbon through my needle.
4. I started out first by threading through the second signature as shown in the photo so as to hide my knot. Remember to leave about 4" so that it's easier to tie a knot at the end.
5. Thread it through in the same direction as shown and criss-cross it at the end and back up again to join with the start of the ribbon. At the end, thread it back to the second hole to find your thread and secure it by tying a dead knot.
6. You are almost done! Now decorate your front cover!:D You can work with almost any size but I like 6x6" so I won't waste too many papers!
Thanks so much for dropping by! Hope you have enjoyed this simple tutorial! Upload your work on our FB page and hashtag chickaniddycrafts on Instagram so we can view your work too! May you have a blessed Christmas!:D